I find that throughout an expansion I have to keep looking up the same information because I keep forgetting it. The aim of this post is to create a quick reference guide that I can refer back to, without the need to go searching through the internet. This post is current as of Patch 7.1.
This week Patch 7.1 was released on October 26. With it comes some new content including:
- New Karazhan mythic dungeon
- Entry to the dungeon require attunement. There is a guide at WoW Head. It involves running several mythic dungeons and a few short quests.
- New Trial of Valor raid
- A new 3 boss raid that opens two weeks after Patch 7.1. Again there is a guide at WoW Head that explains the quest chains and shows the loot.
- New Suramar questline
- Continue the Nightfallen quest chain with these new quests. They should also help with your Nightfallen reputation grind. See WoW Head’s guide.
- More world quests
- Blood of Sargeras trader
- New Raiding with Leashes
- Pets are available from Wrath of the Lich King raids: Ulduar, Trial of the Crusader, and Icecrown Citadel.
- Class changes
A few updates for Feral Druids:
- (Balance, Guardian, Feral) Druids how have Regrowth in place of Healing Touch.
With this update, our Healing Touch Macro will need to be updated with Regrowth. Here is the new macro
#showtooltip /console autounshift 0 /use Regrowth /console autounshift 1
- Activating Incarnation no longer triggers a global cooldown for any spec.
This is a quality of life change I’ve wanted for two expansions. It’s frustrating that it comes at a time when Incarnation is not the talent of choice. A welcomed change none the less.
It appears that the farm in Mists of Pandaria (Sunsong Ranch) has been fixed also. I have been working my farm to collect the mats to craft some Sky Golem mounts to sell. They have been going for 100-110k. Mostly due to the price of herbs being high, and the ability to pick herbs in this mount without being dismounted. At the farm, the master plough was bugged only ploughing 1 square instead of 4, and there were other bugs with some of the other mechanics, pulling weeds etc. With the Blood of Sargeras trader coming with this patch, the price of herbs will likely drop through the floor, which means the price of the Sky Golem will likely drop. Hopefully not by much, maybe around to 60-70k. I’m two thirds of the way through the mats, so I will finish these batch off and see what the price is.
What are your thoughts on Patch 7.1? Too soon? Should have the problems it fixes been fixed before launch? Let me know what you think. Feel free to leave a comment on the post, send me an email at email@example.com, follow me on twitter @Elamari_ or like and comment on the File Under Feral Facebook page http://www.facebook.com/FileUnderFeral.
Now that I have reached level 110 and have access to all of my abilities, spells and talents it’s time to look out how to place them on my bars. The purpose of this post is to show what my kindbindings are and give some tips for people looking to learn. I’m not going to go into ‘how to keybind‘ but I will link some articles for those who would like to read more.
The long awaited Legion talent guide is finally ready, for your enjoyment. While most of the post contains my personal views, there are some clear winners in terms of throughput, calculated by members of the community. I’ve put those as my recommendations. There are also some good guides discussing the changes as a whole in greater detail at:
On with the show!
The Legion pre-expansion patch has been announced for July 19, this Wednesday. As with all pre-expansion patches, we will have access to most of the features of the expansion except for being able to level past level 100, artifact weapons, and the new zones. For the Legion pre-patch this means you will get:
- New wardrobe transmog system
- New UI changes
- Class changes – spells, talents and glyphs
- Stat changes
- Pre-expansion event – Demon invasions.
While I was browsing for some Legion Feral videos on YouTube I came across a video by user BellularGaming. It was a good video but I want to offer some commentary on it. Similar to what I did with Preach’s video for Warloads of Draenor. Head over to BellularGaming’s YouTube channel and check out their content. The Feral Druid video is below. Watch that and let’s get into it.
Final Boss earlier this week posted a video on Feral Druids in the current Legion beta build. The quick and dirty summary:
- New spell animations
- No major game mechanic changes
- Still Rake, Rip, Ferocious Bite
- Snap-shotting still exists with Tiger’s Fury, Blood Talons and Savage Roar
- Savage Roar is now a talent, not baseline
- Thrash and Swipe now hit 360 degrees instead of a frontal cone
Link to video – https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8-jb5-YsbT0
I plan on doing separate posts for talents and the artifact weapon in the future. Stay tuned.