Welcome to Part 2 of the Patch 6.0 Patch Notes. I decided to split the information up into two posts to make it easier to digest. Part 1 was posted a few days ago and covered General Changes, Button Bloat, Buffs and Debuffs and Class Changes. Part two will cover Racial Traits, Glyphs, Level 100 Talents and Perks. Part 2 covers Racial Traits, Glyphs, Level 100 Talents and Perks.
I’m going to try my hand at some news / patch notes posts and what better place to start than with the next expansions alpha notes. I will be focusing on the Feral Changes. Since there is such a large volume of information I have split it into two posts. Part 1 covers General Changes, Button Bloat, Buffs and Debuffs and Class Changes. Part 2 will cover Racial Traits, Glyphs, Level 100 Talents and Perks.
While I have been predominately in a DPS roll as of lately, I still tank from time and time and try to stay up to date on all things Guardian. As such, Final Boss TV episode 33 will feature Guardian Druids Arielle and Buraan from The Inconspicuous Bear. The episode will air on March 16 at Final Boss TV and I have some questions I have sent into the show for them to discuss.
Unfortunately my questions were not directly answered. However they were used to build the show notes and are answered during the main show and after show. I Tweeted @FinalBossTV and they explained what happened and all is good.
1. How much utility would you like to be able to cast in form e.g Tranquility in Bear Form?
2. Suggestions to smooth our rage generation? Currently it’s tied to crit and very spikey. Poor generation at low gear levels, crit capping at high gear levels. Soul of the Forest helps with this now but are there any changes you would like to see for “smoother” generation?
3. Button bloat – I feel that Bear Hug is “useless” and unnecessary. Thoughts on this spell and any others that may contribute to button bloat / spells that could be removed e.g. Innervate.
4. Thoughts on Symbiosis? I found that Bone Shield was probably the best defensive CD. The Monks dodge one felt like it made no difference. Consecration was good for adds and DPS and we all know lightning shield was the best passive dps increase. Suggestions to make it more appealing to Guardians? Should Guardians receive a defensive CD from all classes? Evasion would have been better than Feint, especially given its rage cost from Rogues for example.
5. Are there any abilities you would like to see baseline? I would like the Glyph of Stampeding Roar baseline – It seems stupid that a raid wide CD has such a short default range and that we have to use a glyph for it to be effective. Combining this glyph with the spell to be baseline (probably Feral and Guardian only) would free up a glyph slot for more interesting choices.
6. New mastery. Thoughts on what we might see? Something that interacts with Maul or something that scales / interacts with SD or FR? Additionally, do you think that the Tooth and Claw proc will stay in or be removed?
If you have questions you can submit questions through their website or email questions to them at FinalBossWoW@gmail.com.
Hope you are feeling refreshed after our Cat Nap.
I go by the fabulous name Monsterbaby. I am founder and leader of the Druid only guild Druids of the Beast Shadowsong [EU] Alliance. My guild has been featured in various articles, podcasts and been spotlighted over the years. Here is my story of how it began, who is behind my character, where it is at and how I managed the guild over the years. I started playing WOW in 2005. but jumped a bit from one character to another for the first two months, until I finally settled for this particular Druid, with quite specific looks.
About three weeks ago I was offered a tanking position on a ten man team on my new realm Frostmourne. After two solid nights over two weeks on Garrosh we finally downed him. It was an intense, albeit sloppy first kill. I would like to share what I found the fight really interesting and challenging about the fight from a tank perspective.
Since I have been back raiding with my guild, I have taken up a tanking role instead of a DPS role like I was last expansion. I would like to share my experiences as a Guardian from the first two encounters in Throne of Thunder.
The other day Jaymz (author of last weeks post) directed me to a post on the official forums titled “5.3 Druid Suggestions“. The post was discussing player changes players would make to Druids if they had the power. Jaymz suggested that I “take up the call”. So after some thought I posted some changes that I think would be great as well as replying to a few other people in the thread. Everyone should head over and have a read, there are some interesting ideas being tossed around. Since the thread was about all Druid specs, I threw in some thoughts on Guardians as well. Here is my reply. Quotes from other people are in italics.