I thought I’d get on the ball nice and early and post the first part to Hellfire Citadel. There is a dedicated Raid Strategies forum over at the Fluid Druid where you can share your experiences and see what other Feral’s are doing. I recommend that you have a look.
Not a great first encounter for Feral’s given it’s an AOE fight with lots of short lived adds. What I’ve found is best is to tab Rake and Thrash, but mainly focus on the mobs with the larger health pools such as the Hulking Berserkers. You don’t want to be wasting energy on Shred’s. Using Swipe may yield some extra combo points so I use it when I see Savage Roar coming close to an end, usually around 10-15 secs to ensure I get to 5 combo points. It would be really interesting to hear what other Feral’s do on this encounter given how poor it is for us.
Patch 6.2 arrive tomorrow and with it comes the new raid Hellfire Citadel. Feral’s are also receiving a small single target buff, much like most other patches. Patch notes can be found here, an (old) Shifting Perspectives right up is at Blizzard Watch, and the PTR discussion at the Fluid Druid is still going.
Single Target Buffs
Again we are receiving some single target buffs.This is to keep us competitive in the single target / two target cleave niche. However I think this highlights our poor scaling. We saw similar sized buffs in Patch 6.1 and in mid-cycle patches in past expansions. Savage Roar has something to do with it I’m betting. They can’t really buff it more than what it’s currently at so we see buffs in other areas.
Final Boss are doing another episode on Feral Druids. This time Stenhaldi is back along with Pawkets. I’ve come up with a few questions which I’ve sent in, but I’m not sure if they’ll make it on the show. We’ll have to watch and see. They steam their show live at http://www.twitch.tv/FinalBossTV. The show starts at 6am Australian Time or 4pm EST (American time). If you miss the show live you can see it on the Final Boss YouTube Channel or via podcast.
1. What can be done to address Feral’s weak AOE damage? Does the buff to Thrash help at all?
2. Does the buff to Thrash make it worth using in the single target rotation?
3. Has Feral’s bad AOE affected the specs representation in mythic content? I see a lot of hyperbolic comments of people being “forced” to play a different class or switch to boomkin or being sat entirely. Do these claims have any merit?
4. Is Savage Roar set too high at 40%? How does this affect the spec with regards to:
How punishing is it for new players and does it make the skill cap too high? Or is that the design intent of the spec? Seems counter intuitive with the Glyph of Savagery.
Scaling – We get incremental buffs each patch, could something else be done?
5. Any thoughts on reworking Druid Talents?
We have two CC tiers with little impact on game play, some options have extremely rare niche uses.
More diversity of the level 90 talents, with Dream of Cenarius being the only real option.
6. Thoughts on Claws of Shivallah? Has it been successful? Does it get much use by PVPers or new players? It’s told to be avoided in all PVE guides. Should it be reworked or removed?
7. Haste historically has been a bad stat for Ferals. Any ideas on how to address this moving forward?